After the success of the anti-racist
“RALLY AGAINST RACISM"
Here we are in Turin!
The national demonstration against all forms of racism on 17 October in Rome sponsored by over 500 associations with the participation of about 200 thousand people was a great success: It was the biggest demonstration against the racist policies of recent times.
From the outset the intents of the associations and committees were clear: the promotion of awareness that the event was not an end in itself but a moment of visibility, an exposure of the racist policies of the Berlusconi government and those of the center left governments with the Turco-Napolitano law.
On the other hand, the clarity of the contents of the platform have provided a clear indication of trends in this country showing with clarity that there are hundreds of thousands of people, Italian and immigrants alike, willing to improve their living conditions and fight against all discrimination.
It is an outstanding human and political heritage and this is an experience that we don’t want to lose!
The Promoting Committee of Torino, on the basis of these considerations and based on the points from the national platform (which we publish below), proposes to continue the anti-racist commitment to be incorporated in a civil rights framework that daily builds on acceptance and solidarity between peoples and to fight against all forms of racism and discrimination.
I'll be there to defend my dignity and vindicate my rights!
• No racism
• General Regularization for all
• Maintenance of the residence permit for those who have lost their jobs
• Repeal of the security package
• Reception and rights for all
• No to repulsions and an end to the bilateral agreements that justify them
• Rupture the link between the residence permit and an employment contract
• Ascertain the Right of asylum for refugees and displaced persons
• The immediate and Permanent closure of the Centers for Identification and Expulsion (CIE)
• No to conflicts in rights between Italians and foreigners
• The right to employment, health, housing and education for all
• Against all forms of discrimination against gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual persons
• Remain near to all working men and women fighting to defend their jobs.
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF AN ANTIRACISM COORDINATION COMMITTEE
Sunday, December 6 at 15:00
THE ANTIRACISM PUBLIC RALLY
At Café Liber, Corso Vercelli 2 - TORINO
THE ‘COMITATO PROMOTORE’ - TORINO